Current:Home > Stocks'Stranger Things' prequel 'The First Shadow' is headed to Broadway -ProgressCapital
'Stranger Things' prequel 'The First Shadow' is headed to Broadway
Benjamin Ashford View
Date:2025-04-06 14:24:32
Broadway is getting a little stranger.
"Stranger Things: The First Shadow," a prequel based on smash-hit science fiction/horror Netflix television show, is coming across the pond.
The Olivier Award-winning production will start performances on Broadway on Friday, March 28, 2025, at the Marquis Theatre ahead of an opening night on Tuesday, April 22, 2025. It opened on the West End in London in November 2023.
"The First Shadow" is a new play by Kate Trefry, based on an original story by the Duffer Brothers, Jack Thorne and Trefry. It's brought to Broadway by Netflix and Sonia Friedman Productions. Directed by Stephen Daldry and co-directed by Justin Martin, cast will be announced at later date.
The play is described as occurring "before the world turned upside down."
"Hawkins, 1959: a regular town with regular worries. Young Jim Hopper’s car won’t start, Bob Newby’s sister won’t take his radio show seriously and Joyce Maldonado just wants to graduate and get the hell out of town. When new student Henry Creel arrives, his family finds that a fresh start isn’t so easy…and the shadows of the past have a very long reach," producers describe, promising "stunning special effects, extraordinary performances and a storyline that will keep you on the edge of your seat."
'Stranger Things':Is Hopper alive? Did Eleven lose her powers? What to know before Season 4
How to buy tickets to 'Stranger Things' on Broadway
You can sign up now for first access to pre-sale tickets at StrangerThingsBroadway.com.
Pre-sale tickets for those who sign up will go on sale at 11 a.m. Eastern on Friday, Sept. 13. Tickets for the general public will go on sale at 11:00 a.m. Eastern on Tuesday, Sept. 17.
"Stranger Things" on Netflix includes Little Egg Harbor's Gaten Matarazzo among its stars.
veryGood! (43)
Related
- USA men's volleyball mourns chance at gold after losing 5-set thriller, will go for bronze
- How to quit vaping: What experts want you to know
- Alec Baldwin thanks supporters for 'kindness' after dismissal of 'Rust' case
- Minnesota Vikings WR Jordan Addison arrested on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Georgia county says slave descendants can’t use referendum to challenge rezoning of island community
- French sports minister takes a dip in the Seine weeks before the 2024 Paris Olympics begin
- How many points did Caitlin Clark score? Indiana Fever rally to beat Minnesota Lynx
- NHL in ASL returns, delivering American Sign Language analysis for Deaf community at Winter Classic
- Nigeria school collapse kills at least 22 students as they take exams
Ranking
- RFK Jr. closer to getting on New Jersey ballot after judge rules he didn’t violate ‘sore loser’ law
- New California law bans rules requiring schools to notify parents of child’s pronoun change
- Condos’ high-rising insurance premiums are a top issue in these legislative races
- Senior North Carolina House budget writer Saine says he’ll leave legislature next month
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- Taylor Swift jokes she may have broken the acoustic set piano after an onstage malfunction in Milan
- Son of Asia's richest man gets married in the year's most extravagant wedding
- FACT FOCUS: A look at false claims around the assassination attempt on former President Trump
Recommendation
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear ready to campaign for Harris-Walz after losing out for spot on the ticket
Charmed's Holly Marie Combs Honors Fierce Fighter Shannen Doherty After Her Death
Macy's ends talks with investment firms that bid $6.9 billion for ailing retailer
Trump shot at rally in failed assassination attempt. Here's everything we know so far.
'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
Blue-collar steel town tries to dig out from day of infamy after Trump shooting
Former Chicago hospitals executives charged in $15M embezzlement scheme
Carlos Alcaraz wants a seat at the adult table after his second Wimbledon and fourth Slam trophy